Performance Analysis in T20I - Shiny Contest Submission

Performance Analysis in T20I

Authors: Samrit Pramanik

Abstract: The R Shiny App T20performR is intended to attract cricket enthusiasts who wish to accumulate every bit of information about their favourite players. This is an open-source encyclopaedia of cricketers who are cricbees and have an analytical mindset. The work is designed to demonstrate the performance analysis of T20I cricketers statistically, whereas exploratory data analysis and visualisation tools provide the key insights them. Not only it will capture the individual performances of the cricket stars at the granular level just by selecting them from the dropdown menu but also it equips the comparative study of multiple cricketers by some appropriate metrics. The summary statistics of the batting and bowling of the individuals are displayed separately on two pages. This dashboard is based on the ball-by-ball data from the website cricsheet filtered by T20 International matches for men only. The algorithm uses the necessary R libraries (packages) as well as the scratch codes to process the assimilated data and the required analysis.

Full Description:

Shiny app: Performance Analysis in T20I
Repo: GitHub - samrit2442/rshiny-t20stat: Performance Analysis Dashboard Project

Thumbnail:

Full image: