pdf() problems depending on R studio instance

I am trying to use the pheatmap package and getting this error. It happened initially on my data but it reproduces for me with the package sample code:

test = matrix(rnorm(200), 20, 10)
test[1:10, seq(1, 10, 2)] = test[1:10, seq(1, 10, 2)] + 3
test[11:20, seq(2, 10, 2)] = test[11:20, seq(2, 10, 2)] + 2
test[15:20, seq(2, 10, 2)] = test[15:20, seq(2, 10, 2)] + 4
colnames(test) = paste("Test", 1:10, sep = "")
rownames(test) = paste("Gene", 1:20, sep = "")

Error in pdf(file = NULL) : failed to load default encoding
In addition: Warning message:
In pdf(file = NULL) : failed to load encoding file 'ISOLatin1.enc'

Someone had a related question on Stack Overflow:

The weird thing is I can start a fresh project in R studio and the pheatmap code works. I tried projects with and without spaces in their working directory path but that didn't make a difference. I also checked pdf.options(), and that is identical in the project giving the error and the one that works.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.