**pak** issues in ubuntu-latest devel?

I'm failing my R CMD check actions on the newest Linux Devel all over the place, for a variety of reasons. This one looks like it might be related to pak:

Maybe it's because this OS is not yet supported by pak? https://github.com/r-lib/actions/tree/v2/setup-r-dependencies#readme

Can confirm -- I'm getting the exact same backtrace, and some download failures along the way.

EDIT: with some wrinkles. First off, oddly, my build actions still work fine. It's the pkgdown ones that are broken. And secondly, I think I'm using release anyway. This is somewhat bizarre. i.e., even though the workflow files are identical to this point, this fails:

- uses: r-lib/actions/setup-r-dependencies@v2
      with:
        extra-packages: |
            any::pkgdown
            local::.
        needs: |
            website

But this works:

with:
            any::rcmdcheck
            check

EDIT 2: Can also confirm that the following edit allows pak to succeed:

with:
            any::pkgdown
            any::rcmdcheck
            website
            check

I have no idea why this should result in a pak failure on a missing path. And I cleared out all cached stuff before attempting this. Hopefully, all of this will make sense to someone.

So glad it's not just me, but I could use a way forward on this.

This is a download failure: Minor changes to documentation based on slowly learning how to use fu… · mikeroswell/ratioScales@99fbf78 · GitHub
because PPM is having problems:
https://status.posit.co/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.