No file in Git / RStudio

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop or Server
  • OS Version: MacOS
  • R Version: 4.2

Hi,
I've a problem with GitHub/RStudio. I think my two accounts are well linked but in the tab Git, I don't see the files.
Can you help me ?

Thanks

The git tab will be empty when there are no files that need committing. If you edit a file, or make a new one, it should appear in this window

Thanks for your answer.
I've ever tried to create new file or edit an existing file but they didn't appear...

Sometimes you need to click the refresh icon (the curly arrow next to "main"). Alternatively, go to the terminal and run

git status 

which should list your changed files

Hi thanks for your answer. Unfortunately this command didn't work !

Please explain what happened when you ran

git status

What exactly happened?
When I ran that command in the Terminal, not the Console, I got this output

C:\Users\fjcc\Documents\R\DED>git status                                                           
On branch Dev_12                                                                                                    
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/Dev_12'.                                                                                                                                                                                             
Changes not staged for commit:                                                                                           
(use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)                                                              
(use "git restore <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)                                                         
modified:   FileProcess.R                                                                                                                                                                                                               
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")   

Of course, the details of your output will be different

Thanks for your answer !

Here, I got this when I run this command in my Terminal :

On branch main
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/main'.

Changes to be committed:
  (use "git restore --staged <file>..." to unstage)
        new file:   Test 2.R

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git restore <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
        modified:   .gitignore

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
        Test-pub.Rproj
        Test.R

Just to be sure, have you clicked the Refresh arrow near the top right of the Git pane? If you have and the pane is still blank, then I cannot explain the situation.

Yes I have.. and it's still empty !

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.