Need help with rmarkdown knitting

I needed to reinstall rstudio for some reason and now I am unable to use knitting, which worked perfectly fine before. Help? I get this error:
sh: /Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/tools/pandoc: Bad CPU type in executable Error in strsplit(info, "\n")[[1]] : subscript out of bounds Calls: ... pandoc_available -> find_pandoc -> lapply -> FUN -> get_pandoc_version In addition: Warning message: In system(paste(shQuote(path), "--version"), intern = TRUE) : running command ''/Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/tools/pandoc' --version' had status 126 Execution halted

The official fix is to install the system tool Rosetta, which allows Silicon chips to run Intel binaries.

softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license

Alternatively, installing the native binary from pandoc.org works, but requires some adjustment of several dotfiles, which can be tricky for users not experienced in intermediate level system maintenance.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.