Nayve Bays for a new group of data.

Hello, I'm having trouble doing the probability calculation using Nayve Bays for a new group of data.
I'm putting down the code that's working for a test base but it contains the dependent variable, how do I predict the probability a basis that I have the same independent variables but I don't have the dependent one, since I have to calculate the probability?
Thanks

# Libraries
library(naivebayes)
library(dplyr)
library(ggplot2)
library(psych)

#Read data file
getwd()
data <- read.csv('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bkrai/Statistical-Modeling-and-Graphs-with-R/main/binary.csv')

#contingency table 
xtabs(~admit + rank, data = data)

#Rank & admit are categorical variables
data$rank <- as.factor(data$rank)
data$admit <- as.factor(data$admit)
summary(data)

#Split data into Training (80%) and Testing (20%) datasets
set.seed(1234)
ind <- sample(2,nrow(data),replace=TRUE, prob=c(0.8,.2))
train <- data[ind==1,]
test <- data[ind==2,]

# Naive Bayes
model <- naive_bayes(admit ~ ., data = train)
model
plot(model)

# Predict
p <-predict(model, type= 'prob', newdata = select(test,-admit))
head(cbind(p, test))

I'm uncertain what you are looking for. The model is given priors of 0.8/0.2 and calculates from summary(model)

===================================== Naive Bayes ====================================== 

- Call: naive_bayes.formula(formula = admit ~ ., data = train) 
- Laplace: 0 
- Classes: 2 
- Samples: 325 
- Features: 3 
- Conditional distributions: 
    - Categorical: 1
    - Gaussian: 2
- Prior probabilities: 
    - 0: 0.6862
    - 1: 0.3138

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

When the model is applied to test, predict() provides the posteriors. There's no need to exclude admit from predict().

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.