mosaic installation - ggforce "non-zero exit status"

Hi there,

Very new to R here—have been using the cloud without any issues for the past month or so, until receiving a "non-zero exist status" error when trying to install the mosaic packages. It says that ggforce has a "non-zero exit status:

ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘ggforce’

• removing ‘/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/ggforce’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘ggforce’ had non-zero exit status

This message comes after a whole mess of code that looks like this, but longer:

ellipseEnclose.cpp:107:109: required from here
/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/RcppEigen/include/Eigen/src/Core/DenseCoeffsBase.h:55:30: warning: ignoring attributes on template argument ‘Eigen::internal::packet_traits::type’ {aka ‘__vector(2) double’} [-Wignored-attributes]
g++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/opt/R/4.0.3/lib/R/etc/Makeconf:181: ellipseEnclose.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘ggforce’

• removing ‘/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/ggforce’

If I try to load the mosaic library afterwards, I then get this message:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘mosaic’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
there is no package called ‘ggforce’

Any ideas? Here's a link to the project: https://rstudio.cloud/spaces/127037/project/2278364

Thanks!

This usually means that you have run out of RAM memory, if you are on a paid account you can increase your RAM limit, otherwise, you will have to wait until a binary installer for the latest release of ggforce gets cached in RStudio's Package Manager (usually takes a few days after un update gets released on CRAN).

Thanks, andresrcs.

It looks like I have 1 MB of RAM per project on my account, with a 15-project maximum—with only 5 projects at the moment. I checked to see how much I had used on this project, and from what I see below, I don't think I exceeded that threshold.

gc()
used (Mb) gc trigger (Mb) max used (Mb)
Ncells 497702 26.6 1094778 58.5 654454 35.0
Vcells 799158 6.1 8388608 64.0 1774090 13.6

I've also loaded mosaic in other projects without any issues, and went through the same process this time.

Oh, I meant 1 GB maximum per project!

The package is not currently available as binary and when you compile from source very often you need more than 1GB of RAM memory for that process. In pretty sure that's your issue

Okay, thanks so much! I'll look into an account upgrade from Cloud Plus to get more RAM per project and see how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.