Missing package for sjPlot to work (emmeans)

**Hi all. **
I have to use the sjPlot package and the following message suggested I should also install the emmeans packet. So i tried using the install.packages

library(sjPlot)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘sjPlot’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
there is no package called ‘emmeans’

So id install it and the following message suggested that the installed package had non-zero exit status

install.packages("emmeans")
Warning in install.packages :
dependency ‘estimability’ is not available
There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
binary source needs_compilation
emmeans 1.9.0 1.10.0 FALSE

installing the source package ‘emmeans’

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/emmeans_1.10.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1488674 bytes (1.4 MB)
==================================================
downloaded 1.4 MB

ERROR: dependency ‘estimability’ is not available for package ‘emmeans’
removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/library/emmeans’
Warning in install.packages :
installation of package ‘emmeans’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/z5/4187sv9n2p3df6xz6j7nvhv40000gq/T/RtmpJSMpmY/downloaded_packages’
library(emmeans)
Error in library(emmeans) : there is no package called ‘emmeans’

I have looked up some websites and they suggested to run mvtnorm package before installing emmeans, but at my case it didn't work. Could anyone suggest what i should do in this case? Should i try other means in installing the emmeans packet? Thanks a lot!!!!!

What version of R are you running? The estimability package requires R >= 4.3.0. If you are at an older version than that, upgrade R and try again.

Thanks for the reminder, i have upgraded my R and reinstalled sjPlot and now it just works fine. Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.