MIME type ('application/octet-stream') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

Hi,

I changed to a new macbook and deploying my shinyapp does no longer work. The browser console (inspect) shows:

Refused to execute script from '.../reactwidget-2.0.0/react-tools.umd.cjs' because its MIME type ('application/octet-stream') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

The cjs files are not in the package directory but rather bundled somehow. so I could not add tags manually to the app.R script. Any idea what happened? I'm not a big javascript expert but it seems to have something to do with the change of my macbook (lack of backward compatability?)

I think your issue is being tracked at reactR/R/dependencies.R: Shinyapps.io deployment fails to load react-tools.umd.cjs provided by dependency reactwidget-2.0.0 · Issue #86 · react-R/reactR (github.com)
You need to revert to reactR 0.5.0 using something like this:

packageurl = "https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/reactR/reactR_0.5.0.tar.gz"
install.packages(packageurl, repos=NULL, type="source")
1 Like

Thanks so much, this did work indeed!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.