Looking for sample machine learning workflows and studying materials

Hello everyone!

I recently discovered Julia Silge and her insightful screencasts on YouTube, where she meticulously walks through the entire process of training and evaluating models.

However, it seems that she has been posting less frequently for a while now. I'm on the hunt for similar content that offers a comprehensive look at a real project, including the workflow and the creative mindset behind it.

If you could suggest some videos or blog posts that align with what I'm looking for, I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks for the question, @alireza5969!

tidymodels.org should another great resource for you. In the Learn tab, we have long-form documentation that applies different techniques to different problems. Here's one that is particularly Julia Silge-style, but we aim for all of the articles on the Learn page to feel approachable for those learning the framework. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing your insight, @simonpcouch!
I definitely plan to dive deeper into the articles and books available on tidymodels.com. However, I feel that the case studies provided there don’t fully capture the diversity of needs and experiences that exist out there in the wild, especially for newcomers like me who may have questions about every single line of code!

While tidymodels.com has been my go-to resource, I’ve found that case studies like the one you highlighted and Julia Silge's screencasts have truly enriched my understanding of the material. They’ve allowed me to practically review what I’ve learned and, most importantly, see how others tackle real-world problems and develop innovative workarounds for issues out there in the wild.

I’m sure there are many valuable resources I haven’t yet discovered. I’d love for future readers of this thread to share more resources! Here are a few I’ve come across that might be helpful:

1. Blog posts by Mike Mahoney that focus on applying tidymodels to geospatial data.
  2. A couple of informative blog posts by Louise E. Sinks.

As far as I know, the best place to find such experiences is R-bloggers website. Certainly, there are dedicated websites for sharing data and modeling processes together, but I couldn't find any!