Looking for Official PDF Documentation that said it was a 'work in progress'

About four years ago I read some official documentation for a particular programming language or tool. it might have been R, Git or maybe python. it was a short book in PDF form, and I remember it had something that sounded like 'this can be thought of as a work in progress' in the intro or closing remarks. I'm looking for it online but I can't find it. I've been to this page and the 'notes on R' pdf doesn't seem to be it (but I could be wrong). I don't need to find this PDF, I can learn whatever I want to without it; but it's kind of killing me, I want to find it again.

Considering R, git, and Python are all several decades old, they have been quite mature for more than 4 years. So, it's unlikely any of those "core packages" were reported as a "work in progress" at that time.

It could have been a specific library or toolset (e.g. the tidyverse is more recent, or Shiny for Python is still pretty new), or a specific book (r4ds was officially published in 2017), but that's a huge number of possibilities. I'm not sure anyone can answer if you can't remember some more precise details.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.