library(purrr) Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘purrr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths())

I´ve been trying to understand this issue for an hour, I have tried again to uninstall and reinstall the package but the issue still there
library(purrr)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘purrr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
namespace ‘vctrs’ 0.5.2 is already loaded, but >= 0.6.3 is required
Warning message:
package ‘purrr’ was built under R version 4.2.3

My R is up to date, but not sure what is going on. Can someone help me?

Try running

install.packages("vctrs")

and the loading purrr.

I did what you suggest but the problem still there
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘purrr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
namespace ‘vctrs’ 0.5.2 is already loaded, but >= 0.6.3 is required
Warning message:
package ‘purrr’ was built under R version 4.2.3

Let's see what version of vctrs RStudio sees. Shutdown and restart RStudio, then scroll through the Packages tab in the lower right pane to find vctrs. The version will be listed to the right. Also, run

sessionInfo()

and post the output here. Put three back ticks before and after the pasted output, like this:
```
sessionInfo() output goes here
```

R version 4.2.2 (2022-10-31 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 22631)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Spanish_Costa Rica.utf8  LC_CTYPE=Spanish_Costa Rica.utf8    LC_MONETARY=Spanish_Costa Rica.utf8 LC_NUMERIC=C                       
[5] LC_TIME=Spanish_Costa Rica.utf8    

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

other attached packages:
[1] installr_0.23.4 purrr_1.0.2    

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
 [1] compiler_4.2.2    magrittr_2.0.3    cli_3.6.1         tools_4.2.2       glue_1.6.2        rstudioapi_0.15.0 vctrs_0.6.4       stringi_1.7.12   
 [9] stringr_1.5.0     lifecycle_1.0.4   rlang_1.1.1      

You did not mention the version of vctrs in the packages pane. In any case, your R is a year out of date. I would start with updating that. What operating system do you have? Some Linux Repos lag a long time on R versions. After updating R, you will want to update your packages.

I have Windows 11, I´ll try that

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.