Lazydata failed for for package

I'm sure I'm doing something dumb here... but when I when I do a Build (alt-shft-B) on a small package I am working on I get the error below. However it appears everything did, in fact, build because if I do a Load All after the error the everything, included what was added since the last build, works as expected.

I've tried some simple things like shutting and restarting R, renaming .RData so it would not be used and shutting and restarting R but the error is still there.

So is there another hidden file I need to remove... or what?


==> R CMD INSTALL --no-multiarch --with-keep.source adcustom1

* installing to library ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library’
* installing *source* package ‘adcustom1’ ...
** R
** data
*** moving datasets to lazyload DB
Error in read.table(zfile, header = TRUE, = FALSE) : 
  more columns than column names
ERROR: lazydata failed for package ‘adcustom1’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/adcustom1’

Exited with status 1.
1 Like

Found the issue, fixed. I had created a directory named "data" to the project. that I was using to hold some data I used to test the package. I looks like the "data" is treated specially in an R project... the build or install looks like it was reading the files in it and finding an error... that makes sense those files were never meant to be read in the build/install process.