knitr failing when pandoc tries md to pdf

I have an Rmd file that has quite a lot of top level (# etc.) sections. I'm only getting about 8 in the pdf.
I have built a "small reproducible example" and have also tested by using

The .md file is OK. I've then tried pandoc to convert md to pdf and the problem is located there.
I realize this is a pandoc problem, but seek pointers to where I can notify of this bug, and also make sure the Rstudio community is away of it so there are not too many reports and effort can be focused on fixing the issue.


If you found an issue with rmarkdown you can open in github repo of the package!

You can also share your reproducible example here, and I'll have a look. Thanks !

For reference this has been asked and answered there:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.