Issue rendering .qmd file

Dear all

I've been happily working on a .qmd file, rendering periodically to html.. I then tried to render to docx, and had to tweak some #| label: and #| tbl-cap: to make it work.. However, I then received a long error message (pasted below). I tried to revert back to rendering to html, but get the same error!

What have I done wrong? have I broken my phd thesis?!?! All very odd I was only editing the quarto syntax, not the actual code

Any help gratefully received

Error running filter /private/var/folders/9r/8z0w4fhj62vbj1lb2b__m8gw0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A995B0A0-5DF6-4183-B74B-4800FA61E17D/d/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:3125: attempt to index a nil value (field 'integer index')
stack traceback:
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:14819: in function 'tableCaptionsAndLabels'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:14782: in function <...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:14751>
[C]: in ?
[C]: in method 'walk'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:171: in function 'run_emulated_filter'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:449: in local 'callback'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:454: in upvalue 'run_emulated_filter_chain'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:495: in function <...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:476>
stack traceback:
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:171: in function 'run_emulated_filter'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:449: in local 'callback'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:454: in upvalue 'run_emulated_filter_chain'
...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:495: in function <...app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/share/filters/main.lua:476>

This usually means you tried to index an empty array of some sort. This is probably by a typo.
I mean this is probably not a problem with the qmd structure but actually a typo in code.
could 3125 be the number of line? I guess it would be easier if error messages would highlight the error line or even block.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.