installing R packages using non-staged installation using SSH

When I try to install R packages (curl and xml2) using SSH, I got the fellowing error:
But I could not run the command : sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev, which is the solution on the internet, since I do not have the authority.

And I was told to do as follow:
But I do not understand how to do step 2. What does this mean' 2) With the following content'?

Thank you very much!

It means you have to add that line of text to the .Renviron file, obviously replacing [your_user_id] by your actual "user ID".

Although, I don't think this is going to solve your problem, since you are missing a system library for which the corresponding R package is just a wrapper.

I think you need to contact your system administrator and ask them to install the missing system dependencies.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply.

You are right, those steps really didn't solve my problem. But the staff said that 'As being used of the R, there might need to install and update many third-party libraries and plugins. In order to be more flexible, you are to install the libraries in our HOME directory without any further permissions required'.

The strange thing is that after logging in with his personal account, he can successfully install the two R packages 'curl' and 'xml2'. I'm new to HPC and I'm wondering, aren't our configurations the same?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.