Installing minqa on Mac

Hi. I'm fairly new to RStudio, and am struggling to use the lmerTest package. The issue appears to involve the installation of the minqa package. I installed gfortran via Homebrew via Terminal, but when I attempt to install minqa, the program is looking for gfortran in the wrong location.

homebrew is installed in the following location: /opt/homebrew/bin/brew
minqa installer is looking here, which results in an error code: /opt/R/arm64/bin/gfortran -mtune=native -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c altmov.f -o altmov.o
make: /opt/R/arm64/bin/gfortran: No such file or directory
make: *** [altmov.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘minqa’

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2-arm64/Resources/library/minqa’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘minqa’ had non-zero exit status

I've tried telling R to look in a different location (although I'm not sure about the code), but when I try to install minqa, nothing changes:
old_path <- Sys.getenv("PATH")
Sys.setenv(PATH = paste(old_path, "/opt/homebrew/bin/brew", sep = ":"))

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to re-use and improve some old code, but can't seem to get past the install phase.

I just installed minqa on my M1, but it didn't complain about the lack of gfortran, which I don't have in that location either. The reason is that I downloaded the binary, so no compilation was required and make never discovered the lack of the dependency. Whenever you see a binary version is available but a source version is later and a question asking if you want to install from source, it's OK to answer y, but if at first you don't succeed, most users are unlikely to get it to work by retrying.

@technocrat Thanks for the info. Is there a way for me to tell R to download the binary after I've already attempted to download the source?

Since it’s not yet installed try

install.packages(minqa, ask =FALSE)

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.