Installing arrow on shinyapps.io

I can't find any recent discussion of problems faced in installing arrow on shinyapps.io. There are some old discussions which should not be relevant any more, since most of the issues seem to have been fixed.

But while deploying my app, which uses arrow, shinyapps is unable to install libsnappy-dev.
This is what I get:

+ set -e
+ apt-get update -qq
W: http://cran.rstudio.com/bin/linux/ubuntu/jammy-cran40/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.
+ apt-get install -y libsnappy-dev
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libsnappy-dev
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 96 not upgraded.
Need to get 30.2 kB of archives.
After this operation, 116 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 libsnappy-dev amd64 1.1.8-1build3 [30.2 kB]
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Fetched 30.2 kB in 0s (1898 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libsnappy-dev:amd64.	
(Reading database ... 	(Reading database ... 5%	(Reading database ... 10%	(Reading database ... 15%	(Reading database ... 20%	(Reading database ... 25%	(Reading database ... 30%	(Reading database ... 35%	(Reading database ... 40%	(Reading database ... 45%	(Reading database ... 50%	(Reading database ... 55%	(Reading database ... 60%	(Reading database ... 65%	(Reading database ... 70%	(Reading database ... 75%	(Reading database ... 80%	(Reading database ... 85%	(Reading database ... 90%	(Reading database ... 95%	(Reading database ... 100%	(Reading database ... 290203 files and directories currently installed.)	
Preparing to unpack .../libsnappy-dev_1.1.8-1build3_amd64.deb ...	
Unpacking libsnappy-dev:amd64 (1.1.8-1build3) ...	
Setting up libsnappy-dev:amd64 (1.1.8-1build3) ...	## End Task Log ##########################################################################O######################
Error: Unhandled Exception: child_task=1398189362 child_task_status=failed: Error building image: Error fetching arrow (14.0.2.100000461) source. <CRANPackageSource repo='http://cran.rstudio.org'> unable to satisfy package: arrow (14.0.2.100000461)

Any help in advising how to deal with this would be very helpful.

I don't actually use snappy. So, even if I could install arrow without snappy, that would be fine. But how do I customise how to install things on shinyapps.io.

I ran into exact the same error with arrow installation when deploying an app to shinyapps.io just now. The way I kinda solved it is to downgrade the arrow version. I did that by downgrading arrow to 13.0.0 in my local environment and then use packrat option in rsconnect to deploy.

options(rsconnect.packrat = TRUE)
rsconnect::deployApp(...)

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.