Install package "ncflights13" in R 4.3.1

Hi,

I was trying to install "ncflights13" in R 4.3.1 and received this error:
" Warning in install.packages :
package ‘ncflights13’ is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available elsewhere,
see the ideas at
R Installation and Administration"

Could you please instruct me on what to do?
Thanks,

Hi, welcome to the forum

If you are running Debian Linux try this

remotes::install_github("tidyverse/nycflights13")

You will probably need to

install {remotes} first
install.packages("remotes")

For Windows I think it is

devtools::install_github("tidyverse/nycflights13")

Again, you may need to install {devtools} first.

I have successfully installed the package. Thank you very much for your great help!

I am not sure why you are suggesting installing the development version of the package, in general that is not so great, because the development version might be unstable, it might require other packages that are in development,etc.

Also, I am not sure why you would recommend one package on Windows, and another one on Linux, they are supposed to work the same way on all OSes.

I have not used Windoews in about 15 years and thought there was a differences Sorry

I used the developmest version as it was handy.

because it is the solution to his question... the stable version was not supported on his updated R version and operating system, yet..

I suggest switching to pak::pak() for all package management and installations in the future to avoid errors like this.

The nycflights13 package does support the released version of R, all R packages on CRAN have to, otherwise they would be removed from CRAN. See the requirements here: CRAN - Package nycflights13 (It needs R 3.2.x or later.)

To answer the original question, the problem was a typo, the package is called nycflights13 and not ncflights13.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.