Install Copilot extension from the command line?

I have R-Studio Server running in a Docker container as part of a Kubernetes-based JupyterHub deployment. It's working well and the new Copilot integration looks good!

The docs here describe how to install and activate Copilot. This works, but Step 3 ("Download and install the Copilot Agent components") is done manually through the UI, which means users need to install the extension every time they start a new session (because the Docker image on the JupyterHub is destroyed when they shutdown, such that new packages installed outside of HOME are lost).

Is there a way to install the Copilot extension as part of my Docker build, so users just have to sign in (rather than repeating the whole setup every time)?

I can see that R-Studio is downloading the extension from

https://rstudio.org/links/github-copilot

so I can get these files easily in Docker, but I can't find any documentation on where to put them/how to install them so they are recognised by R-Studio. Looking at the contents of the download, it seems the R-Studio extension is somehow related to copilot.vim?

Any tips would be great. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.