Hi posit
Kindly need to increase capacity size for RSTUDIO
as the limit size is 1gbyte and not enough for my work
I need it to finish the case study
My 12 files was too big to be uploaded over cloud
Your reply is highly appreciated
Thanks

Hi @amr.nagib,
What happen if your save each file like a .RDS and next load their in Rstudio?

Sorry for not more clarifications

kindly find attached the photo
memory size is only 1 giga
not enough to finish the full upload for the project
My account is free
need to extend memory size for 2.5giga
Thanks

Forgive what may be a foolish question, but how do you know you need more memory?

No problem

But you should see the previous photo that I attached

It shows that the Ram and memory size show me that is full

When I attach more file the program then restart automatic and failed the commands

To be performed

When I then perform the command memory size() to increase it ,,give me error

You seem to be using RStudio Cloud, I think you will need to upgrade to the paid tier if you want to have more RAM (Or work locally in your computer).

1 Like

I'm working on a case study that involves handling 12 large files, and the default memory limit in RStudio is just not cutting it (it's limited to 1 gigabyte). Since my files are too big to upload to the cloud, I'm wondering how I can increase the memory capacity for my RStudio sessions. This increase is crucial for me to complete my case study successfully.
visit us

I understand you can pay to have more memory in cloud, but perhaps you have a phsyical device like a desktop or laptop computer that has more RAM? you could install Rstudio IDE for your device and avoid Cloud; this may be cheaper.

2 Likes

You must be using either Cloud Free ($0) or Cloud Student ($5 per month), which both have 1 GB. The Cloud Basic account ($25 per month) allows you to assign up to 8 GB to a project. That should be more than enough to complete the capstone project for the Data Analytics certificate. You may only need to pay for one month.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.