Incorrect output using Biostrings package in Rstudio

I found functions from Biostrings package in the Rgui and Rstudio returns very different results.

k70sv.ins.RMmasked is a DNAStringSet with 11967 strings. However, when simply print or show the length of k70sv.ins.RMmasker in Rstudio, it returns incorrect output (showing only 1 row and returns length of 1).

When the same command line runs in Rgui (please refer to the reply by me).
They output the correct length of DNAStringSet object and show the head and tail lines.
I don't know whether the problem is related to the colored visualization of DNAStringSet (grey background) in Rstudio interface.

Below is the sessoninfo and I am using a 1.3.1093 version Rstudio.

R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18362)

Matrix products: default

Random number generation:
RNG: Mersenne-Twister
Normal: Inversion
Sample: Rounding

[1] LC_COLLATE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936 LC_CTYPE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[3] LC_MONETARY=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936

attached base packages:
[1] grid stats4 parallel stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

other attached packages:
[1] rGADEM_2.38.0 seqLogo_1.56.0 BSgenome_1.58.0 rtracklayer_1.49.5 GenomicRanges_1.42.0
[6] GenomeInfoDb_1.26.0 Biostrings_2.58.0 XVector_0.29.3 IRanges_2.24.0 S4Vectors_0.28.0
[11] BiocGenerics_0.36.0 TFBSTools_1.28.0

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] MatrixGenerics_1.2.0 Biobase_2.50.0 httr_1.4.2
[4] bit64_4.0.5 R.utils_2.10.1 gtools_3.8.2
[7] blob_1.2.1 GenomeInfoDbData_1.2.4 Rsamtools_2.6.0
[10] DirichletMultinomial_1.32.0 pillar_1.4.6 RSQLite_2.2.1
[13] lattice_0.20-41 glue_1.4.2 digest_0.6.27
[16] colorspace_1.4-1 Matrix_1.2-18 R.oo_1.24.0
[19] plyr_1.8.6 XML_3.99-0.5 pkgconfig_2.0.3
[22] zlibbioc_1.35.0 purrr_0.3.4 xtable_1.8-4
[25] GO.db_3.12.0 scales_1.1.1 BiocParallel_1.24.0
[28] pracma_2.2.9 tibble_3.0.4 annotate_1.68.0
[31] KEGGREST_1.30.0 generics_0.0.2 ggplot2_3.3.2
[34] ellipsis_0.3.1 SummarizedExperiment_1.20.0 TFMPvalue_0.0.8
[37] magrittr_1.5 crayon_1.3.4 memoise_1.1.0
[40] poweRlaw_0.70.6 R.methodsS3_1.8.1 CNEr_1.26.0
[43] tools_4.0.3 hms_0.5.3 lifecycle_0.2.0
[46] matrixStats_0.57.0 stringr_1.4.0 munsell_0.5.0
[49] DelayedArray_0.16.0 AnnotationDbi_1.52.0 compiler_4.0.3
[52] caTools_1.18.0 rlang_0.4.8 RCurl_1.98-1.2
[55] bitops_1.0-6 gtable_0.3.0 DBI_1.1.0
[58] reshape2_1.4.4 R6_2.5.0 GenomicAlignments_1.26.0
[61] dplyr_1.0.2 bit_4.0.4 readr_1.4.0
[64] stringi_1.5.3 Rcpp_1.0.5 vctrs_0.3.4
[67] png_0.1-7 tidyselect_1.1.0

I am a new user and could only embed one media in my post.
I put the outputs in Rgui below as a reply.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.