How to display a vanilla Javascript game on Quarto portfolio website?

I recently switched my (previously very minimal) portfolio website from a basic html, css, javascript website to using Quarto. I'm a fan of it so far, but still very new to R. Python is my main language. I'm writing it in VS Code on a Windows 11 machine.

I made a matching game in Javascript last year while working to learn Javascript, and I am trying to figure out how to host that in my portfolio website. Is there a way to reference it in it's own github repository through an iframe? I had previously moved the code for it into my github website repository, but that seems like a bad way to maintain code.

If I clone it into my quarto repository as a submodule and reference the files on the .qmd, will that code get included correctly in the rendered page for my website?

Yes you should be able to include an iframe using raw HTML <iframe> on a .qmd document in your website

Did you try already ?

• Host your game throuhg github pages in its own repo for example
  • Add an iframe in your main website to this url.

If I clone it into my quarto repository as a submodule and reference the files on the .qmd, will that code get included correctly in the rendered page for my website?

Possibly. I don't know if Git submodule are more than just regular folder for when you execute a Quarto project.

Did you try that also ?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.