How to disable 'People' tab and/or API key creation for Viewer access on Posit Connect

I want to, for Viewers, disable/remove the People tab completely.

I have set HideViewerDocumentation = False, ViewersCanOnlySeeThemselves = True & ViewerKiosk = True. But this still allows them to see the People and within it the User and Groups menu. If the People tab cannot be disabled, then at minimum I want to be able to disable API key creation for Viewer access level only (Admin and Publishers should be able to create API keys). I see here that the APIKeyAuth can be set to False but I am guessing it will be for all access levels.

Ideally, I would like the viewers to not be able to see any of the app settings pane options and only be open the app in Solo Mode.

I've tried making a custom dashboard \my-dashboard and setting the RootRedirect = "\my-dashboard", but that still doesn't prevent the Viewer from navigating to the out-of-the-box dashboard by going to http://connect.mycompany.com/connect/dashboard.

I've looked at solutions as shown in How to Build a Custom Login Page for RStudio (Posit) Connect but the setup is not made clear and it also seems like a lot of work.

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks!

@shbshk Unfortunately you've run up against the boundary limitations of how granular user permissions for the Viewer role can be configured in Connect today. We do know this kind of role customization is a highly desirable product enhancement, and your UI screenshots here are quite helpful in illustrating your request. I'm happy to discuss your vision and any other feedback you have about Connect in more detail on a call any time. You can request a call with me (Product Manager for Connect) by reaching out to your customer success or sales representative. I'm sorry I can't provide a more immediate solution to your question here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.