How to Debug Rstudio?

I am trying to compile and debug RStudio. I was able to compile using the instructions here https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/blob/master/dependencies/windows/README.md but I am having issue trying to debug.

When I launch RStudio, I am getting the error "127.0.0.1" refused to connect.

I saw many people having this issue in related topics, but couldn't figure out why it's happening to me. Do I need to a localhost server or something before starting to debug?

I get the same issue on Linux.

Here is the full log with diagnostics (it gets stuck on attempting to initialize R session):

nathan@DESKTOP-11K24O9:/mnt/e/build-rstudio-Desktop_Qt_5_12_6_GCC_64bit-Release/src/cpp/desktop$ ./rstudio --run-diagnostics
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-nathan'

Using R script: /usr/bin/R

Attempting to launch R session...
R_HOME=/usr/lib/R
R_DOC_DIR=/usr/share/R/doc
R_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/share/R/include
R_SHARE_DIR=/usr/share/R/share
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/R/lib::/lib:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/lib/server
PATH=/home/nathan/.yarn/bin:/home/nathan/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/.bin:/home/nathan/.yarn/bin:/home/nathan/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/mnt/c/Perl64/site/bin:/mnt/c/Perl64/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Oracle/Java/javapath:/mnt/c/Windows/system32:/mnt/c/Windows:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/OpenSSH/:/mnt/c/Program Files/Docker/Docker/resources/bin:/mnt/c/ProgramData/DockerDesktop/version-bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/dotnet/:/mnt/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_211/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/Git/cmd:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Windows Performance Toolkit/:/mnt/c/HashiCorp/Vagrant/bin:/mnt/c/Users/natha/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps:/mnt/c/Users/natha/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS Code/bin:/mnt/c/Qt/5.12.7/msvc2017_64/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/CMake/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/bin/Hostx64/x64:/mnt/c/R/R-3.5.0/bin/x64:/mnt/c/apache-ant-1.9.14/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_241/bin:/mnt/c/Qt/5.12.6/msvc2017_64/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/Vim/vim82:/mnt/c/Users/natha/AppData/Local/GitHubDesktop/bin:/mnt/c/HashiCorp/Vagrant/bin:/snap/bin
HOME=/home/nathan

R session launched, attempting to connect on port 8534...
shared memfd open() failed: Function not implemented

Connected to R session, attempting to initialize...

It is the same as this post:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.