How formally should I dress?

Hey all, who else is getting super stoked for the conference next week?? :raised_hands: I'm trying to figure out what to pack, and I was wondering if there is any kind of implicit "dress code" at the conference. Should I expect everyone to be in business casual? Will people be showing up in sweatpants? All the above? And same question for the Wednesday night event at the CAS. Any guidance is much appreciated!

1 Like

Business casual is the way to go. As far as I'm aware (and based on conference last year), there is no dress code. So use your best judgement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As another data point, the RStudio folks usually wear our conference t-shirts during the conference (for as long as hygienically possible). Wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, both of you! Do you know if conference t-shirts are available for the general public to buy?

I've been in more business casual before, but I think this year I'm going to use the conference as an excuse to wear every single R/data-related shirt I have (where else am I supposed to wear them?) and ditch the business casual! Looking forward to seeing folks there.

6 Likes

Last year there was quite a range. Ranging from t-shirt/hoodie/jeans to the business side of business casual.

1 Like

Conference t-shirts are part of the conference "pack", so you'll receive one (for free) at the conference.

2 Likes

Likewise. Who else gets the jokes?

1 Like

I know this makes it harder, not easier, but it really is however you feel comfortable. I personally plan to range from shorts and a t-shirt to a button-down and bow-tie, just to cover the gamut :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the input everyone! Sounds like anything goes, so I'm excited for the opportunity to go casual. See you next week!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.