How do you make two columns or parallel text in pdf?

Hi, I have a list of 8 items and each one has it's own sub-list, I want to have 4 items on the left side and the other 4 on the right side to save some space. I already tried few thing but none of them work as they should.

I tried this - doesn't work, throws a error about longtable not being in 1-column mode.

And latex package "Parallel" also doesn't work as I would like to. If you put md list inside it, it remains as a normal text i.e. doesn't convert to {\LaTeX}

*A note, I'm note using R Studio, I'm using (Neo)Vim and compiling rmd by running this Rscript -e "require(rmarkdown); rmarkdown::render('file.rmd', quite=TRUE)" but as far as I know it shouldn't affect anything

Hi, and welcome!

Please see the FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? Using a reprex, complete with representative data will attract quicker and more answers.

This S/O post may be helpful. It takes advantage of features in a slide presentation template. I've done this with a combination of xtable, Haskell and \LaTeX, but that's not for the fainthearted (it took me a few weeks).

Okey, I have a massive headache right now...

That post really isn't that helpful tbh. It's more about html and beamer but I need it for a simple pdf. I found a possible "workaround" by not using R Markdown, but by using the markdown package for {\LaTeX}, which in short allows you to use md in {\LaTeX} documents

1 Like

Well, thanks, anyway, in light of the gentle correction of my botching \LaTeX. :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.