Having Trouble Loading Required Packages : Lazy-Load database is corrupt

Hi, I am very new to R-Studio but a few months I had taken an 8-week course in which I was taught to use R-Studio for academic purposes. I recently decided to review some of the exercises we were provided with.

However, I have now started to have trouble loading required packages. When I install the packages I got a warning, although the packages were still being installed and unpacked:

`WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/kmano/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.2/ggplot2_3.4.4.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 4301560 bytes (4.1 MB)
downloaded 4.1 MB

So I downloaded the latest Rtools but it didn't have any impact on the fact that I cannot seem to run any of packages that I install.

For example, after installing the ggplot2 package, this is what happened when I entered the input library(ggplot2)

> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘ggplot2’ in runHook(".onLoad", env, package.lib, package):
 lazy-load database 'C:/Users/kmano/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/lifecycle/R/lifecycle.rdb' is corrupt
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package ‘ggplot2’ was built under R version 4.2.3 
2: In runHook(".onLoad", env, package.lib, package) :
  internal error -3 in R_decompress1

I have seen other posts with the "lazy-load database is corrupt" warning and have tried instituting the solution recommended, i.e. restarting my R-session - but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can deal with this? Many thanks

Try reinstalling lifecycle

install.packages("lifecycle")
internal error -3 in R_decompress1

This usually means that you need to restart R.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.