Handling multiple branches within one R project

I have a R project within a git repo to handle all my R code. I have been developing one branch but I need to put that branch aside and start a new branch for a different feature. Does anyone know how R projects handle something like this? I would like to have any R scripts I write on the second branch be recognized as part of the existing project. If I commit my R project to the first branch will git or R get confused when I try to add scripts to the project on the second branch? Do I need to git ignore the project?

(Yes I am aware it would be smoother just to finish development on the first branch and then start a second feature branch but unfortunately external circumstances are limiting me)

Thanks in advance

If I understand you correctly, you shouldn't have any problem switching between branches. Each file will be tracked in its own branch and R will not get confused. If a file exists in only one branch, it will not be available when the other branch is checked out, but that is how branches are intended to behave.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.