Force update pkgdown site after changing GoatCounter's site code

I'm using Goat Counter for web analytics of my pkgdown sites.

I recently updated my GoatCounter's site codes to make them more consistent across my different pkgdown sites. One site properly updated the code but not the other one which is still using the old code.

Here's the _pkgdown.yml file.

includes:
    after_body: >
      <script data-goatcounter="https://gh-plume.goatcounter.com/count"
        async src="//gc.zgo.at/count.js"></script>

And here's a screenshot of the web inspector for that particular pkgdown site:

As you can see, the pkgdown site is using arangacas not gh-plume.

Is there a way to force the change without releasing a new version of my package? Surprisingly, that worked with the other site without doing anything special.

To update the GoatCounter site code for your pkgdown site without releasing a new package version, try clearing your browser cache and checking if the changes reflect. If the old code persists, you may need to delete the site’s generated files (like the _pkgdown folder) and rebuild the site. Hope! it will be helpful for you.

The old site code is in the actual HTML, so I don't see how clearing the cache would fix my issue. I'm using GitHub actions provided by the usethis package. There's a sort of deployment protection to ensure the pkgdown site remains up to date with the actual CRAN release. There's certainly a way to bypass it but not sure how I could implement the new GoatCounter code only.