Fixed a frustrating freezeup in RSutdio

I just wanted to post a workaround I found for a freezeup in RStudio.

Today I added a while loop into an RMarkdown file and ran it, unfortunately I forgot to add the incrementer i<-i+1. Life seemed to take a turn for the worse from there.

RStudio did not seem to want to do anything afterwards. I kept shutting it down and Ending the process in Task Manager; I also tried Session --> Restart R. Even still Qt Qtwebengineprocess kept gobbling up a huge amount of CPU (70% of my computer's total). I was very unsure what to do.

Then I thought: "Why not simply run --> prefetch and run --> %temp% to clear these out?". Bingo! Surprisingly as soon as I did this RStudio started working perfectly right away. Of course, before running the while statement again I decided to add in i<-i+1.

Hopefully, this will be helpful to others who might need some ideas if their RStudio freezes.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.