Finding .bib file. I am defaulting to Zotero

I am trying to create a simple Quarto document with a single .bib file both which are in the same project directory. For some reason, rather than the quarto document finding my bibliography file in the directory when I try to insert a reference I am in my Zotero bibliography. The document is rendering very nicely with a reference from Zotero.

I can't see anything obvious that will get me out of it. Am I overlooking something obvious?

Here's a striped-down reprex in the screenshot what I'm seeing.

Thanks.

---
title: "Checking References"
author: "jrkrideau"
format: pdf
bibliography: "Roman.bib"
csl: "apa.csl"
---

It was a dark and stormy night.

## References

R version 4.4.0 (2024-04-24)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Running under: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

RStudio 2023.12.1+402 "Ocean Storm"

Any assistance would be appreciated

Hi @jrkrideau ...I forwarded this on to our developers, hopefully they'll get back to you shortly.

Best,
Randy

If I'm understanding correctly, if you want to choose just from the citations in Roman.bib, you need to select "Bibliography" in the "My Sources" pane on the left of the Insert Citation dialog box (arrow in screenshot below).

1 Like

Looks like it works but I still don't understand why I am defaulting to Zotero in the first place. Thanks

Thanks, the problem is not crippling but very frustrating.

1 Like

I think it defaults to the last one you used. So, try inserting an entry from the "Bibliography" section. Then, next time you open the dialog, it should have the "Bibliography" section selected.

1 Like

Yes, that looks like what is happening. I would never have thought of that.

I still don't see why I am defaulting to Zotero. That part does not make sense to me but at least you've showed me what is happening.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.