I installed the dplyr package with this function,

install.packages("dplyr")
and i lo0aded it from the library

this is the error message
Error in get(as.character(FUN), mode = "function", envir = envir) :
object 'ToothGrowth' of mode 'function' was not found

I need guidance on how to proceed
Thanks

Please show the exact code you ran and its output. ToothGrowth is a data set not a function, so the error message is very confusing.

filtered_tg <- filter(ToothGrowth, dose == 0.5)

This was the code i ran
Although i figured later that i made a mistake in writing the code
hence, the error message

Thanks for the head's up on ToothGrowth being a data set

Attaching package: ‘dplyr’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:stats’:

filter, lag

The following objects are masked from ‘package:base’:

intersect, setdiff, setequal, union

This was the error message when loading "dplyr"

Please what does it mean that some objects are masked from the package base?

Thanks in anticipation of your response

Those are not error message. The let you know that the filter() function from dplyr is "masking" the filter and lag functions from the package stats and some functions from the base package. That means the if you write filter(), you will get the function from dplyr. To use the filter function from the stats package, you have to write stats::filter().

When two packages have functions with the same name, the function from the package loaded last takes precedence and it hides or masks the other function. To access the masked function, you have to explicitly write the package name before the function, like stats::filter() or base::intersect().

1 Like

It looks like you might be missing the dataset or object you're trying to use. The ToothGrowth dataset should be available in the datasets package, which is included with R. Try loading the datasets package using library(datasets) before accessing ToothGrowth. If the issue persists, double-check your code for any typos or errors. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much
I found this very helpful

Thank you very much
Your input is highly insightful