error running knitr kable with .pdf output after updating Rstudio

I've updated r (4.3.0) and Rstudio (RStudio 2023.03.1 Build 446) and when I tried to run knitr with .pdf output (knitr to pdf) on an rmarkdown (.rmd) document I get an unexpected error when rendering. However, when I run the code directly in the console it generates the table normally:

processing file: apuestas.rmd
  |......................                              |  43% [rmlatitu]       
Quitting from lines 1130-1412 [rmlatitu] (apuestas.rmd)
Error in `footnote()`:
! no se pudo encontrar la funciĆ³n "footnote"
 1. ... %>% ...
EjecuciĆ³n interrumpida

> sessionInfo()
R version 4.3.0 (2023-04-21 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19045)

Matrix products: default

[1] LC_COLLATE=Spanish_Spain.utf8  LC_CTYPE=Spanish_Spain.utf8   
[3] LC_MONETARY=Spanish_Spain.utf8 LC_NUMERIC=C                  
[5] LC_TIME=Spanish_Spain.utf8    

time zone: Europe/Madrid
tzcode source: internal

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods  
[7] base     

other attached packages:
 [1] kableExtra_1.3.4 knitr_1.43       rmarkdown_2.21   scales_1.2.1    
 [5] gglorenz_0.0.2   ggrepel_0.9.3    fuzzyjoin_0.1.6  lubridate_1.9.2 
 [9] forcats_1.0.0    stringr_1.5.0    dplyr_1.1.2      purrr_1.0.1     
[13] readr_2.1.4      tidyr_1.3.0      tibble_3.2.1     tidyverse_2.0.0 
[17] ggspatial_1.1.8  gridExtra_2.3    ggExtra_0.10.0   ggplot2_3.4.2   
[21] rmapshaper_0.5.0 sf_1.0-13       

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
 [1] tidyselect_1.2.0   viridisLite_0.4.2  farver_2.1.1      
 [4] fastmap_1.1.1      promises_1.2.0.1   digest_0.6.31     
 [7] timechange_0.2.0   mime_0.12          lifecycle_1.0.3   
[10] ellipsis_0.3.2     magrittr_2.0.3     compiler_4.3.0    
[13] sass_0.4.6         rlang_1.1.1        tools_4.3.0       
[16] utf8_1.2.3         yaml_2.3.7         labeling_0.4.2    
[19] sp_1.6-0           classInt_0.4-9     curl_5.0.0        
[22] xml2_1.3.4         KernSmooth_2.23-21 miniUI_0.1.1.1    
[25] withr_2.5.0        grid_4.3.0         fansi_1.0.4       
[28] xtable_1.8-4       e1071_1.7-13       colorspace_2.1-0  
[31] cli_3.6.1          generics_0.1.3     stringdist_0.9.10 
[34] rstudioapi_0.14    httr_1.4.6         tzdb_0.4.0        
[37] cachem_1.0.8       DBI_1.1.3          proxy_0.4-27      
[40] parallel_4.3.0     rvest_1.0.3        s2_1.1.4          
[43] vctrs_0.6.2        V8_4.3.0           webshot_0.5.4     
[46] jsonlite_1.8.4     geojsonsf_2.0.3    hms_1.1.3         
[49] systemfonts_1.0.4  ineq_0.2-13        jquerylib_0.1.4   
[52] units_0.8-2        glue_1.6.2         stringi_1.7.12    
[55] gtable_0.3.3       later_1.3.1        munsell_0.5.0     
[58] pillar_1.9.0       htmltools_0.5.5    R6_2.5.1          
[61] wk_0.7.3           evaluate_0.21      shiny_1.7.4       
[64] lattice_0.21-8     highr_0.10         bslib_0.4.2       
[67] httpuv_1.6.11      class_7.3-22       Rcpp_1.0.10       
[70] svglite_2.1.1      xfun_0.39          pkgconfig_2.0.3 

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.