Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 1

Unable to knit a notebook. Does this have to do with the network path names that RStudio is using? if so is there a way to hard code paths using letter names?

//server/home/abc123/name/MyDocs/R/RStudio/bin/quarto/bin/tools/pandoc +RTS -K512m -RTS delete_me.knit.md --to html4 --from markdown+autolink_bare_uris+tex_math_single_backslash --output delete_me.html --lua-filter "\server\home\abc123\name\MyDocs\R\R-4.3.0\library\rmarkdown\rmarkdown\lua\pagebreak.lua" --lua-filter "\server\home\abc123\name\MyDocs\R\R-4.3.0\library\rmarkdown\rmarkdown\lua\latex-div.lua" --self-contained --variable bs3=TRUE --section-divs --template "\server\home\abc123\name\MyDocs\R\R-4.3.0\library\rmarkdown\rmd\h\default.html" --no-highlight --variable highlightjs=1 --variable theme=bootstrap --mathjax --variable "mathjax-url=https://mathjax.rstudio.com/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML" --include-in-header "C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpSo54Wh\rmarkdown-str4d54388f1a89.html"
pandoc.exe: \: openBinaryFile: invalid argument (Invalid argument)
Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 1
Execution halted

jsr

I think this is among issues where rendering from Network drive with Pandoc is not really working.

From C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpSo54Wh I understand you are on Windows, and you are trying to use network drives //server/home/abc123/. It seems this lead to path like \server\home\abc123\ and Pandoc does not handle them
I believe the issue is from the first \

pandoc.exe: \: openBinaryFile: invalid argument (Invalid argument)

Can you maybe try to mound your network folder as a Drive on your computer, with a letter ? e.g Z://abc123/... ?

This could solve the issue.

You could follow the different Network issue opened at quarto-cli and rmarkdown to see when we manage to resove this network path usage with Pandoc

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.