Error numbering unordered list when knit to bookdown::word_document2

Hi there. I'm using .Rmd to draft analysis reports and the output are usually bookdown::word_document2. I just found that there is a problem when rendering the ordered/unordered list:

I wrote an unordered list in .Rmd, but I got an ordered list in the output bookdown::word_document2:

I've noticed that this strange error would happen when I use a template word document as the style reference, but I didn't do anything related to automatically numbering the unordered list in the template word document. Even if I just use a generic word document generated by a blank .Rmd file as the template, this error still exists. And this error would also cause chaos in the sequent ordered/unordered lists.

I've tried to render to word_document: default, there's no problem in it, but I need bookdown::word_document2 for cross-referencing in the report.

Could you please have a look at this problem? Many thanks for your help!

My session information is as follows:

#> R version 3.6.2 (2019-12-12)
#> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
#> Running under: macOS Catalina 10.15.4
#> Matrix products: default
#> BLAS:   /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib
#> LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib
#> locale:
#> [1] en_AU.UTF-8/en_AU.UTF-8/en_AU.UTF-8/C/en_AU.UTF-8/en_AU.UTF-8
#> attached base packages:
#> [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     
#> loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
#>  [1] compiler_3.6.2  magrittr_1.5    tools_3.6.2     htmltools_0.4.0
#>  [5] yaml_2.2.1      Rcpp_1.0.4.6    stringi_1.4.6   rmarkdown_2.1.9
#>  [9] highr_0.8       knitr_1.28      stringr_1.4.0   xfun_0.14      
#> [13] digest_0.6.25   rlang_0.4.6     evaluate_0.14

Created on 2020-05-30 by the reprex package (v0.3.0)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.