Error loading R with RStudio

I have just installed R and RStudio and get the following message after opening RStudio and trying to select the correct version of R:
"An error occurred while attempting to load the selected version of R. Please select a different R installation."
Please see the screenshot here:

Please let me know any suggestions you may have for how to resolve this.
Thanks!

No real suggestion but have you confirmed that you have a working R instalation? Can you load R from the terminal or RGui?

Thanks for the suggestion. I get the following error when I try to open R:
Fatal error: 'R_TempDir' contains space.
I went ahead and installed it successfully on another computer so I suppose there is something about the filepath on the computer I initially tried to download to which isn't allowing it. I searched google and found that I may need to change my Windows user account name to remove the space since it's currently firstname lastname. If you have an idea for a less drastic solution, I would be very appreciative. Thanks again!

Argh, I am of no help here as I have not used Windows in 15 years but it looks like you have a corrupt R installation.
Can you try a new R installation?

Other than that we may need a Windows person

Sorry to be of such little help.

Hi!
I recently had this same issue and tried a bunch of YouTube tutorial fixes (many didn't work). What I did was make a new Windows user account without a space in the username. It's less drastic and easier than changing your current username.

I went back to R version 4.1.3 instead of the latest, 4.3.1, and it works. The latest RStudio with it as well.
But thanks for your input!

I went back to R version 4.1.3 instead of the latest, 4.3.1, and it works. The latest RStudio works with it as well.
But thanks for your input!

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.