Error in initializePtr() : function 'cholmod_factor_ldetA' not provided by package 'Matrix'

When trying to load the Matrix package I am getting this warning message
Warning messages:
1: In normalizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
path[1]="//ict-az2-fs09.server.ufl.edu/heb-files/Home/Student/k.cooper": The system cannot find the file specified

I usually ignore warnings but, when trying to run a mixed-model I am getting this error message:
Error in initializePtr() :
function 'cholmod_factor_ldetA' not provided by package 'Matrix'

I have tried restarting R, updating all of the packages, re-installing the lme4 and Matrix packages from source but I am still having this issue. I have also tried installing from cran.r-project.org. Any idea on where it may be coming from?

1 Like

hello! I had the same issue, I found my answer here on stack overflow

' Matrix < 1.6-2 and Matrix >= 1.6-2 are binary incompatible. When you change between them, you must re-install from sources packages that link Matrix and therefore depend on the Matrix "

tools::package_dependencies("Matrix", which = "LinkingTo", reverse = TRUE)[[1L]]
install.packages("lme4", type = "source")

hope that helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.