Error: "File monitoring failed" at server location - data complete?

Hello everyone,

I ran the following piece of code, which took about 18 hrs to complete.

library(tidyverse)
library(mclm) #a package for e.g. concordancing developed at a university

ES_LLT <- get_fnames("Txt")%>%
  print(n=10) #There are two large .txt files in this folder.

pattern <- r"--[(?xi) <b>.*</b>]--" #The code for the tagged 'matches' I was looking for in the text.

cd_ES_LLT <- ES_LLT %>%
  conc(pattern, c_left = 5000, c_right = 5000) #Making the concordance list with left and right context, 5000 characters each ("Step 1").

cd_ES_LLT <- cd_ES_LLT %>%
  separate(left, 
           into = c("reference", "left"), sep = "</t>(?!.*(</t))") #Splitting the text name (reference) from the left context ("Step 2").

separate(reference, 
           into = c(NA, "reference"), sep = "<t>(?!.*(<t>))") #Trimming the text name.

separate(right, 
           into = c("right", NA), sep = "<t>") #Trimming the right context.

write_conc(cd_ES_LLT, "ES_LLT.tsv") #Exporting the concordance list to a .tsv file

The working directory (which includes a folder with the .txt files) is on a server location for which I need a VPN connection. After running the whole code, the console displayed the following error between Step 1 and Step 2:

Warning message: File monitoring failed for project at "(server location)"
Error 2 (The system cannot find the specified file)
Features disabled: R source file indexing, Diagnostics

However, R continued to run the code and I ended up with a perfectly fine .tsv file. The only problem is: can I be sure that it is complete? That is, does the concordance list contain all the matches it should have found? I could verify the file by running the code again, but I have more of these codes and it would be useful to know for sure for future reference.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.