Error constructing a dataframe, arguments imply differing number of rows

Hello everyone. I have downloaded some windspeed data from the ECMWF and I want to build and save a dataframe with some of it. Unfortunately, I obtain an error when doing so.

I start by opening the file and reading the variables in question

ncnameECMWF <- "_mars-webmars-public-svc-green-005-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-rJIrn0"  
ncfnameECMWF <- paste(ncpath, ncnameECMWF, ".nc", sep="")
ncinECMWF <- nc_open(ncfnameECMWF)
dataECMWF_U <- ncvar_get(ncinECMWF, "u")
dataECMWF_T <- as.POSIXct(ncvar_get(ncinECMWF, "time"), origin = "1900-01-01 00:00", tz = "UTC")

UEnsembleSquare=dataECMWF_U

data_UV_jaime_all_here_Square <- data.frame(UEnsembleSquare, dataECMWF_T)

Then, I obtain the following error

Error in data.frame(UEnsembleSquare,dataECMWF_T :
arguments imply differing number of rows: 361, 31.

UEnsembleSquare is a 4D matrix of size 36120150*31 and dataECMWF_T is a 31 membler srting.

I am very new to R and I don't understand it propperly, but as far as I kow, in R, one can make datasets with variables with different dimensions each.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Any answer is appreciated.
Regards.
Jaime.

Your data frame needs to have all its columns fill up every row. If x is a vector variable, then length(x) tells you how many items the vector contains.

Are you really starting with a 4 dimensional matrix, a by b by c by d? I woud advise starting with 2 dimensioal matrices if you are new to R.

Thanks for the answer. If I have understood propperly, I cannot do what I want, which is having a dataframe with "UEnsembleSquare" a 3612015031 and "dataECMWF_T" a 311; I would need "dataECMWF_T" to be a 361*1 vector for the dataframe to be constructed. Is that right?

About starting with 2D matrices, I know I should start with something easier, but I have just started a collaboration with another university; I have traditionally used other languages, but I am trying to adapt to what my collaborators use and their code, which requieres working with 4D matrices.

Thanks again for answering.
Regards.
Jaime.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.