Dplyr package install error

That is what I get when i am trying to install the package.

• installing source package ‘Rcpp’ ...
    ** package ‘Rcpp’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** libs
    xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
    ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘Rcpp’
  • removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library/Rcpp’

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/ld/5gyjrx5n7sgb50kmj06n6bkc0000gn/T/RtmpWIGSP2/downloaded_packages’
Warning message:
In install.packages("dplyr") :
installation of package ‘Rcpp’ had non-zero exit status

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server) desktop
  • RStudio Version: last version for mac
  • OS Version: 10.13.6
  • R Version: 3.5.1

Someone has an idea?

From Troubleshooting Guide: Using RStudio

Could you try:

install.packages("dplyr", dependencies=TRUE)

and failing that,

install.packages("Rcpp", dependencies=TRUE)

This looks like a problem with your local toolchain. There's a post (below), which suggests you install or update xcode, or xcode CLT
https://tips.tutorialhorizon.com/2015/10/01/xcrun-error-invalid-active-developer-path-library-developer-commandline-tools-missing-xcrun/

Thank you everyone !! i have just find out. I had to install the command line tool on my laptop. All done and working now.
Thank you so much for you help.

1 Like

Yay! I figured that was the issue.

If your question's been answered (even if by you), would you mind choosing a solution? (See FAQ below for how).

Having questions checked as resolved makes it a bit easier to navigate the site visually and see which threads still need help.

Thanks

Oh thank you for telling me ! I am new here and to rstudio. I have ticked it :slight_smile:

1 Like