Do you encounter such problems after updating R 4.2 to 4.3?

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share my recent experience with updating the RStudio desktop from R-4.3.2-win to R-4.3.3-win. Unfortunately, I've run into several problems since making the switch.

The problems came as follows:
library (dplyr)->ttaching package: ‘dplyr’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:stats’:

filter, lag

The following objects are masked from ‘package:base’:

intersect, setdiff, setequal, union

unquote
or

library(lubridate)

Attaching package: ‘lubridate’

date, intersect, setdiff, union

unquote
etc.,
and then install.packages("ggplot2"), library(ggplot2); install.packages("conflicted"), library(conflicted); install.packages("conflicted"), library(conflicted), until install.packages("tidyverse"), library(tidyverse) finally also could not run proper as usual. It has taken me a huge of time to solve it while delaying my work procedure.

Now, I was regretting to do such an updating as I ran R-4.3.2-win quite smoothly before.

So, if you're considering updating, I highly recommend holding off until these issues have been resolved.

A new user of R

I don't see anything unusual in what you posted. Here is what I get when I load dplyr and lubridate.

> library(dplyr)

Attaching package: ‘dplyr’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:stats’:

filter, lag

intersect, setdiff, setequal, union

> library(lubridate)

Attaching package: ‘lubridate’

date, intersect, setdiff, union

Those are normal message saying that dpyr and lubridate have functions with the same name as other packages. Did you get any error messages?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response. : )
I have solved my problems.

Have a nice weekend.

Hello,
for me I once experience challenges with version 4.3.3. it was showing an error message when I am opening up R. Studio . what did was to uninstall version 4.3.2 and then install version. 4.3.3 the error message stopped

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.