Distill website and version control

I want to create a website with Distill R package and deploy it through GitHub but I am confused, should I need to create a Distill website from the New Project -> New Directory or from the New Project -> Version Control? With the last option I don't know how to create the Distill website.

It depends on the order in which you do things:

1. New Project > New Directory - with this approach you create the new Rproject on your computer, and then you must also create a GitHub repository and manually configure and push this project to GitHub

2. New Project > Version Control - with this approach, the repository has already been created on GitHub (it may be empty or contain files), and you want to clone this to your local computer but also make it an Rproject in one step.

Either is fine, I prefer the second method since it automatically handles coordinating my local and remote repos.

Thank you very much Matt.

In the case of the 1st method how do you manually configure and push the project to Github?

You could find this resource interesting:

Thank you very much.

Now I have an error when trying to build the website from RStudio. Is it necessary a README.html file in the docs folder?

Output created: docs/index.html
Error: './docs/README.html' does not exist in current working directory ('/Users/manuelspinola/Documents/01-Manolo/R_observatorio_vida_silvestre').
In addition: Warning message:
In normalizePath(path, winslash = winslash, mustWork = mustWork) :
path[1]="./docs/README.html": No such file or directory
Execution halted

Exited with status 1.

Is this about distill ?

You should open a new question for a different issue. It would be easier to follow.

Also without more information on your specific content, it will be hard to help.

In some way is related to distill, I am trying to build a website form a distill website project but I got that error.

We don't have much. I suggest you open a new topic and share some information about the content of you website. I believe this is something related to your project and not the distill :package: directly.

Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.