Data Visualization Suggestions?

I have a project in a class, and I'm looking for ideas for what to do in one section.
Basically, we were given the set of genes that turn on and off for a fetus during pregnancy, the times when these samples were collected, and from this data we could construct a SWOT clock showing 5 stages of brain development in pregnancy. We were also given the set of genes that were linked with the development of microcephaly due to the Zika virus, and were told to create a SWOT clock of just those genes. We also calculated the log odds ratio and p values of each developmental stage in order to see which stage was "enriched" (i.e. susceptible to the disease).
For the last bit of the project, we were told to find another way of representing this data - some other way to visualize the developmental stages (the clusters) and the conclusion that cluster A is most susceptible to the disease.
Problem is I'm very new to R and don't know what I can do for this part of the project. Are there any R libraries/functions that are particularly useful here? Perhaps a suggestion for a kind of plot I could use? If you need any more info on what data/mathematical information I have at my disposal, or something you need me to clarify, let me know.
Thanks in advance!

Hi, please see the FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? Using a reprex, complete with representative data will attract quicker and more answers. (Also, see the homework policy).

The question relates to how to visualize an object, the data that you've created.

So, to share yours

dput(my_data)

and then cut and paste

Oh, gotcha. Thanks so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.