Ctrl+Enter issue, Windows 10

Hello all. I'm encountering a strange bug (I think) when I attempt to run my code using ctrl+enter. Using the shortcut results in the following:

1. Running the command(s) (seemingly correctly)
  2. The program sitting for approximately 2-3 seconds
  3. The RStudio window minimizing and restoring
  4. All the highlighted code becoming indented.

When I use the run button, however, everything is fine. This does not seem to be an issue with the actual code I'm running, since this has happened to me across multiple scripts and Markdown files. I've also run this code using the keyboard shortcut on this machine without issue before, so this seems to be new.

I am running RStudio Version 1.2.1335 on a Windows 10 64-bit machine.

Any help would certainly be appreciated!

Edit: Thank you for putting this in the right group!

Hi @pdcarey!

That sounds very disconcerting :open_mouth:. I don't know what might be wrong, but as a possible workaround: do you see the same thing if you re-assign "Run Current Line or Selection" to a different keyboard shortcut? (Tools menu > Modify Keyboard Shortcuts… > search for "Run Current Line or Selection")

1 Like

@jcblum Thank you for the suggestion! I did that, and it ran as it should. I then attempted to change it back to ctrl+enter and I got the issue again, so the problem seems to be with the combination of keys... maybe?

Hmm, do you have any other software running that might be trying to create (and/or respond to) system-wide keyboard shortcuts? Maybe something you installed recently, or at least since the last time you remember the default keyboard shortcut working?

2 Likes

@jcblum Yes I did! In fact, I deleted it last night because it was messing with other programs, and I didn't even think to put two and two together. Checked this morning and ctrl+enter works fine. Thank you for suggesting this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.