Hi, this is my first time here. I basically use SAS but since my company has decided to switch to R. I need to learn this fast. I have a question on how to generate a set of random numbers using the function seed.
I have a list of Patient ID's which I wish to substitute with a set of random numbers but still be able to trace this back in future. In SAS this works good with the seed function. I have watched a lot of youtube videos on how to create random numbers with the function seed in R but how do I apply this to a list in a table (I think in R its called frames). I have a column patient_id in the table, I need a new column with lets say patient_id_new with the new set of random id's. I will be grateful for any help