Connect QuickStart issue with headless start within VM

Hello,

I am attempting to (headless) start Connect QuickStart from VirtualBox and receive this error:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine rstudio-quickstart-18.04-amd64-20190209-111823 .

(VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API).

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Any thoughts?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for the question! Unfortunately, this means there is a problem with your "host" operating system (your desktop).

We mention this problem briefly at the bottom of this page:

We also refer to this Stack Overflow post:

Specifically, you need to "enable virtualization" in your operating system BIOS. I haven't found a guide I am super happy with that explains how to do this, but it is a fairly widely discussed problem if you search the internet for BIOS guides for enabling virtualization. If you find one (or take some screen shots and write one), please do share so others can learn how you solved the problem!

Also, if you have any problems trying to enable virtualization, please post here so we can help!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.