Change data type in dataset - RStudio crash

Hi there!

One quick question .Or I think it must be: how do you chande the dataset variable type in a dataset using R code?

I have a dataset that is giving me trouble when uploading to a MySQL database. Other dataset work fine, many lines, many columns, no problem. This particular dataset crashes R Studio, for some reason. I thik it might be that the info was encoded by y ERP due to GDPR reasons, and there must be a character that is not meant to be in that variable tye (for example, an asterisc in a numeric varaible)

I can´t, and must not, skip those rows.

Since I´ll be working that data in Power BI later on i figured I could change numeric variables to strings, and see if that helps. Or is there a way to debug the reason R Studio crahses? some sort of log or somethig?

Some system information, and more information about your error message, would also be helpful. Here's what's suggested on the RStudio Crashed support page:

Information about your system

  • Version of RStudio (including whether it's Desktop or Server)
  • Output from running sessionInfo() in standard R console

Information about the crash

  • Description of crash
  • Steps to reproduce
  • Related R code or packages
  • Error messages
  • Screenshots
  • Log files
  • Crash Report

Totally right. My apologies.

  • R Studio Desktop 64 bit (latest)

Information about the crash

  • Description of crash: uring an upload of a dataset to a MySQL DB R Studio crahs.

  • Steps to reproduce: I´d have to uoload the dataset, and ive the conection info. Can´t do that.

  • Related R code or packages:
    Progress ODBC conector (to conect to ERP and generate dataset.This works ok)

  • Error messages: None. Just a screen of the crash.

  • Screenshots :

    The weird thing is that it starst to upload data and then crashses all of a sudden.

  • Log files: I'd love to know where to find those. I´ll look into that.

  • Crash Report: Same as before.


I found the log. This is the line from today:

17 Jun 2020 07:07:27 [rsession-Ferper] CLIENT EXCEPTION (rsession-Ferper): (TypeError) : Cannot read property 'object_types' of null;|||org/rstudio/studio/client/workbench/views/connections/ui/|||com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/|||com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/|||com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/|||com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/|||com/google/gwt/core/client/impl/|||com/google/gwt/core/client/impl/|||com/google/gwt/core/client/impl/|||com/google/gwt/core/client/impl/|||rstudio-0.js#-1::eval|||Client-ID: 33e600bb-c1b1-46bf-b562-ab5cba070b0e|||User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0 Win64 x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtWebEngine/5.12.1 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36

IF I´m reading this correctly, it seems that there is a variable with a field type not recognized. But if that is true, it would not load any rows into the MySQL table.

I´m trying noww to set all numeric fields to text, in case there might be a problem with that form some reason I´m not seeing. But so far is not working.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.