"Can't Move Doc" Error Upon Opening RStudio or Restarting R Session

Nearly even time I open RStudio or restart the R session, I see the error shown in the picture below. It's essentially these two "Can't move doc" error messages but there are actually multiple that I have to individually click "ok" on or press enter. Presumably one appears for each of the new "Untitled1.R" code scripts that also pop up when I open the application or restart R.

It used to be only slightly annoying to mash the Return key multiple times until all the errors disappeared and then closed all the windows, but the number of new windows and error boxes seems to multiply. Just today, the same thing happened and literally hundreds of new windows and error messages appeared. It took me well over 5 minutes just to get past the error messages (I'm not being hyperbolic), so needless to say the problem is extremely annoying.

Could anyone help me on this? Has anyone encountered this or know why it would be happening? I know there was a similar post about this issue posted in the fall of 2022 (Can't Move Doc error when I open RStudo) but that person didn't get their issue resolved. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

It's a shot in the dark, but you might try resetting RStudio's state.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help @prubin! I tried that but it didn't work.

I did eventually fix the issue: I ended up uninstalling RStudio, deleting the hidden local cache from my computer, re-installed, and opened RStudio. The problem has been fixed. I suppose something had happened to my cache to create the error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.