Can't install rsconnect on Posit Connect?

I'm trying to set up RMDs to refresh pins. Both the RMDs and pins are on our Posit Connect server. In the past this worked fine, but we had some sort of snafu in June that led to us finally clearing our package cache, and since that snafu (even with the cache clear) I can't get the refresh log RMD to deploy. I get this error:

Installing rsconnect (1.0.0) ... 
curl: HTTP 200 https://OUR-RSPM-SERVER/latest/src/contrib/PACKAGES.rds
curl: HTTP 200 https://OUR-RSPM-SERVER/latest/src/contrib/rsconnect_1.0.0.tar.gz
Error: Command failed (1)

Failed to run system command:

'/opt/R/4.2.1/lib/R/bin/R' --vanilla CMD INSTALL --preclean '/opt/rstudio-connect/mnt/tmp/RtmpZAX73h/packrat-install-a144b3112fe/rsconnect' --library='/opt/rstudio-connect/mnt/app/packrat/lib/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.2.1' --install-tests --no-docs --no-multiarch --no-demo 

The command failed with output:
ERROR: dependency ‘renv’ is not available for package ‘rsconnect’
* removing ‘/opt/rstudio-connect/mnt/app/packrat/lib/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.2.1/rsconnect’

{renv} is available on our RSPM server, but it fails to try to install it. I tried adding it to a manifest explicitly, but I can't get writeManifest to see it.

This can't be a weird use-case, right? Is it something for me to take to my admin, or something I'm doing wrong, or something else?

This is my latest test RMD (hopefully it won't break TOO bad; it contains backticks so I'll try to edit if it does):

---
title: "Simple Pin"
date: "`r lubridate::now(tzone = 'America/New_York')`"
---

```{r setup, include=FALSE}
knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = TRUE)

(Ignore this text)

library(pins)
library(rsconnect)

pins::board_connect() |> 
  pins::pin_write(
    mtcars,
    name = "jon.harmon@sagerx.com/test_pin2",
    title = "Testing pin write",
    type = "rds"
  )

Update: Fixed with rsconnect 1.0.1 (I had to install the dev version from github to confirm ahead of my RSPM seeing the updated version).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.